Office of the Treasurer

Frequently Asked Questions

When are my real estate taxes due?

We mail tax bills in early April each year. The Spring Installment is due on Friday, May 10, 2019 and the Fall Installment is due on Tuesday, November, 12, 2019. You may pay both installments together in the spring if you choose.

How much are my real estate taxes?

You can determine the amount of your taxes by clicking on the Search and Pay link on the Treasurer’s website.

Where can I pay my real estate taxes?

We have OPTIONS for you! In the Treasurer’s office, at any Old National Bank location in Posey County or Vanderburgh County (tax coupon required), online through the County Treasurer’s website, by mail or in person at the Treasurer’s office.

Have my taxes been paid?

You can find out by searching the online Search and Pay Tax link or by calling our office.

What if I pay my taxes after the due date?

If your payment is post-marked or paid after the due date, State Law mandates a penalty be assessed. The penalties are as follows:

  • Payments made within 30 days after the due date will be assessed a five (5%) penalty.
  • Payments made after 30 days past the due date will be assessed a ten (10%) penalty.


Are credit cards and e-checks accepted?

Yes! There is a convenience fee charged by PayPal for these services. We are not able to offer e-Check payments at this time.

Can a receipt for real estate tax payments be sent to me by mail?

Yes. To get a receipt when making your tax payment by mail, enclose your entire bill and a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment.

What should I do if I didn’t receive a tax bill?

Click on Search and Pay Property Taxes tab on this website to find your property, then click on View and Print Tax Bill.

My real estate taxes are paid with my mortgage, but I received a tax bill. What should I do?

If you receive a tax bill in error, contact your mortgage company immediately to determine if they have collected the funds and intend to pay the bill.

Is there a real estate tax deduction for elderly or disabled people?

Yes. You can apply for this deduction with the County Auditor’s Office.

How can I change the mailing address for my real estate tax bill?

To change the mailing address of your tax bill you must notify us of the request. Click on the link to change address found on the County Treasurer’s web page.

What do I need to do to obtain a mobile home title transfer or moving permit?

Pursuant to IC 36-2-11-14.5, all taxes must be paid and current. The seller must provide a copy of the title to the manufactured home. A contract must specify whether the seller or buyer is responsible for payment of outstanding taxes and any subsequent taxes due. The buyer of the manufactured home must record the contract in the County Recorders office. Recording fees are a flat rate of $25.00.